- The JEOL Neoscope in the Hawken Lab
- The JEOL 6610 in the Hawken Lab
- The JEOL 6440 in the Hawken Lab
- The JEOL 7100 in the AIBN Lab
How to access your dataSimply do the following:
- Open a web browser and visit "http://mirage.cmm.uq.edu.au"
- Click the "Login" button or link.
- Enter your ACLS account name and password, and click "Login"
- Now you can either click the "Data" link to go your data, or click the "Getting Started" link for an overview of how to use Mirage.
How your data got thereData files written to the "S:" drive on the instrument is "grabbed" and assembled into Datasets based on their file names and when they were written. If the grabber can work out who the Datasets belong to, they are sent to Mirage automatically.
If the data grabber can't work out who Datasets belong to, they are kept in the instrument's "hold" queue for a couple of weeks, or until someone claims them. This will typically happen if you forget to login to the instrument using your own ACLS account. Always remember to log in and log out.
Why is your data missing from Mirage?
- If your data was saved before the instrument was Mirage enabled, then we don't have it.
- It might be stuck in the "hold" queue ... because you forgot to log in.
- It might have been sent to someone else's account ... if you forgot to login and they forgot to log out!
- If you are in the habit of renaming files on the "S:" drive, you may have confused the grabber. The data is probably there under the old name. (Wait until you can access the files in Mirage before you start renaming and reorganizing things.)